to make plugins easier to develop and use:
* Plugins are now loaded as namespace packages.
* Plugins can be loaded in any distribution of yt-dlp (binary, pip, source, etc.).
* Plugin packages can be installed and managed via pip, or dropped into any of the documented locations.
* Users do not need to edit any code files to install plugins.
* Backwards-compatible with previous plugin architecture.
As a side-effect, yt-dlp will now search in a few more locations for config files.
Authored by: flashdagger, coletdjnz, pukkandan, Grub4K
Co-authored-by: Marcel <email@example.com>
Co-authored-by: pukkandan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Co-authored-by: Simon Sawicki <email@example.com>
the `os.remove` need not be atomic and so can be executed arbitrarily compared to the immediately following rename call. It is better to use `os.replace` instead
Authored by: paulwrubel
* Option `--concurrent-fragments` (`-N`) to set the number of threads
* When receiving Ctrl+C, the process will exit only after finishing the currently downloading fragments
* The download progress shows the speed of only one thread
Authored by shirt-dev
* Autogenerate `AUTHORS`
* Fix `setup.py` using wrong completion files
* Complete `ChangeLog` -> `Changelog.md` rename
* Make `make tar` respect DESTDIR
* Remove `bin/` `yt-dlp` and `docs/` from tar and sdist
* Make `pypi-files` build all files needed for `python setup.py`
* Add `completions` alias
* Add `devscripts/` and `supportedsites.md` to pip sdist
* Remove `man` target
* Remove `README.txt` from sdist
* Make `clean` more granular
* Move aliases to top
Authored by: hseg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* `--get-comments` doesn't imply `--write-info-json` if `-J`, `-j` or `--print-json` are used
* Don't pass `config_location` to `YoutubeDL` (it is unused)
* [bilibiliaudio] Recognize the file as audio-only
* Update gitignore
* Fix typos
* All modules and binary names are changed
* All documentation references changed
* yt-dlp no longer loads youtube-dlc config files
* All URLs changed to point to organization account
* Extract m3u8 parsing to separate method
* Improve rendition groups extraction
* Build stream name according stream GROUP-ID
* Ignore reference to AUDIO group without URI when stream has no CODECS
+ Add test coverage for parsing m3u8 from #11507, #11995, #12211 and twitch vod