||11 months ago|
|.github||11 months ago|
|.idea||11 months ago|
|app||11 months ago|
|fastlane/metadata/android/en-US||2 years ago|
|gradle/wrapper||12 months ago|
|.gitignore||2 years ago|
|CONTRIBUTING.md||2 years ago|
|LICENSE||2 years ago|
|README.md||12 months ago|
|build.gradle||12 months ago|
|crowdin.yml||2 years ago|
|gradle.properties||3 years ago|
|gradlew||3 years ago|
|gradlew.bat||3 years ago|
|settings.gradle||3 years ago|
A free and open source anti-malware for android using machine learning.
⚠️⚠️ PLEASE BE AWARE THAT LIBREAV IS STILL IN ITS EARLY STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT AND MAY CONTAIN A LOT OF FALSE POSITIVES IN PREDICTION. THIS PROJECT IS DEVELOPED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND WE MAKE NO GUARANTEE THAT THE OUTPUT PRODUCED BY LIBREAV IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. SO PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE OTHER APPLICATIONS USING THE OUTPUT OF LIBREAV ALONE.⚠️⚠️
LibreAV is an attempt to detect malwares on android devices by utilizing machine learning approach.
- Real time scanning
- On device inference
- 100% free and no ads
How it works?
LibreAV uses permissions and intent-filters to detect malicious apps. While scanning, it loads the machine learning model and extracts permissions and intents from the installed applications on the user's device. These extracted features are then fed to the machine learning model in the form of a vector. The machine learning model returns a prediction score between 0 and 1 that denote the degree of maliciousness of the scanned application. We use this score to classify the scanned app into one of the following categories:
- Goodware: The prediction score is less than 0.5
- Risky: Prediction score between 0.5 and 0.75
- Malware: Prediction score is greater than 0.75
- Unknown: If LibreAV is unable to extract permissions and intents from an app, then that app is labelled as 'Unknown'
You can check the code for building machine learning model here
Contributing to LibreAV
Check out our contribution guidelines here
- Translation: If you want to help translate LibreAV into your language head over to the Crowdin project.
- Discussion: Matrix channel #LibreAV:matrix.org. You can also use Github Discussions to ask questions, share ideas and engage with other community members.
- Report False Positives: If you think LibreAV detected false positives, please report it here.
Open Source License
LibreAV - Anti-malware for Android using machine learning Copyright (C) 2020 Project Matris This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
An unmodified copy of the above license text must be included in all forks.
- A huge thanks to goorax for sharing the dataset.
- VirusShare.com for sharing access to malware samples.
- Mike Penz for AboutLibraries
Android is a trademark of Google LLC.