You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
|recipe||Gingerbread||HungryJenny||http://www.opensourcefood.com/people/HungryJenny/recipes/soft-christmas-gingerbread-cookies||http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3121/3117777526_6399dc0e08_q.jpg||Deborah Lee Soltesz||http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsoltesz/3117777526/|
Makes about 15 small cookies.
- 175g plain flour
- 90g brown sugar
- 50g unsalted butter, diced, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Icing sugar to dust
- Sift the flour, ginger, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl.
- Use your fingers to rub in the diced butter. Mix in the sugar.
- Mix the egg with the syrup then pour into the flour mixture. Fold in well to form a dough.
- Tip some flour onto the work surface and knead the dough until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roll the dough out flat and use a shaped cutter to make as many cookies as you like.
- Transfer the cookies to a tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Lightly dust the cookies with icing sugar.