You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
|recipe||Brandy Butter||http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2157/2133911076_1bc7193739_q.jpg||wikihow||http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Orange-Brandy-Butter||Matt Biddulph||http://www.flickr.com/photos/mbiddulph/2133911076/|
- 225g / 8 oz unsalted butter at room temperature
- 750g / 1 1/2 lb icing (powdered) sugar, sifted
- Grated peel of a fresh, washed orange (use organic/homegrown where possible)
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp brandy
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl and beat using an electric hand beater, or a whisk, until light and fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar and mix thoroughly to form a smooth paste. This is best done by adding the icing sugar in gradually.
- Add the orange peel, juice and brandy to the mixture. Combine gently.
- Dollop the orange brandy butter into a serving or storage container in advance of the event. This can be kept for up to six weeks, covered and refrigerated.
- This recipe makes approximately 1kg (2 lb) of orange brandy butter.
- If you want to give this as a gift, place the butter in a nice small jar with a lid. Cover the lid with fabric and add a label describing the contents. Be sure to add that the item needs refrigeration.