- More use of list and dict comprehensions
- Improve typing checks and add new type definitions
- Remove data types checks for some functions: this cleans up code and
delegates responsability to the developer who must check the typing
- Remove useless variables
- Bump minimum supported Python version to 3.8
- Add the `--diff` option: when printing the TOC to the stdout, md-toc returns
128 if the newly generated TOC differs from the one already existing
in the file. This is usefult for certain CI systems that don't allow
changing file in place with pre-commit.
- Use of freeze file for development environments
- pkg_resources has been deprecated. Use importlib.metadata where possbile.
importlib.metadata does not provide an alternative for pkg_resources.require,
so drop the requirement check in setup.py
- Update fpyutils dependency